The following roadmap outlines the most important steps and issues of such a project.
- Discussion of various licensing options to avoid creating a system that becomes “unaffordable” just because its disk space grows more than expected.
- Which functions and processes are optimized for SAP HANA and cannot be realized with conventional databases?
- Which optimizations might be used in your current system to quickly eliminate serious performance problems without installing new hardware?
- Discussion of various options in your system landscape with SAP HANA and your current database in (temporary) coexistence
- Development of an SAP HANA prototype, possibly on hosted systems to keep investments small, to see how the HANA system handles YOUR data.
- Planning of your own HANA hardware / discussion of hosting options
- Development of a detailed changeover plan that minimizes your risks – e.g. by leaving the migration of your most important systems to a late point in the project.
- Training of your IT staff with the new platform – SUSE or Red Hat Linux – and the SAP HANA database.
- Support during the go-live and especially second-level support in the event of problems after the go-live
Challenge us with this new technology!